Sam Fox School Alt-Text Training Resources
- Washington University Web Accessibility User Group
- WebAIM – Alternative Text tutorial
- ABS’s Guidelines for Verbal Description – This resource is geared towards people who are creating audio tours for museums, but it is also relevant for writing image descriptions.
- Getty Guide to the Description of Architectural Drawings – Provides guidelines and a list of relevant terminology for describing architectural drawings. This terminology would also be helpful for describing artwork.
- Architectural Style Categories – Reviews the characteristics of a long list of architectural styles.
- Alt-Text as Poetry – This project reframes alt-text as a type of poetry and provides opportunities to talk about it and practice writing it.
- Art in America – How Museums Are Making Artworks Accessible to Blind People Online
- Cooper Hewitt – Guidelines for Image Description
- GLAAD – Media Reference Guide – Transgender
- UX Collective – How to write an image description
- Veroniiiica – How to Write Alt Text for Amateur Art
- Veroniiiica – How to Write Image Descriptions for Buildings and Architecture
- Veroniiiica – Exploring Microsoft 3D Models for Low Vision Students