Teaching releases or buyouts are to be discussed and contractually secured with your respective dean/director/chair to understand the amount required prior to any sponsored activity agreement application.

In most cases the PI is a faculty member. In some cases staff or adjuncts may play a leading roll as PI’s for managing sponsored funds. In all cases the above procedure should be followed to assure the best process possible.

If no funding is involved in your project but there is still some kind of deliverable to an internal partner please make sure to document this agreement. For community partnership and best practices processes please contact our Office for Socially Engaged Practice.

If your project deals with human subjects please review the IRB requirement of the University prior to planning as this process may take a few weeks for approval.