Architecture Student Council (ASC)
Mission Statement: By advocating for the academic, social, and resource needs of its constituents, the Architecture School Council aims to provide the best possible experience for all undergraduate architecture students.
Follow ASC on WUGO
President– Anne Whitsel
- Fun fact: childhood photo was runner up for the face of Little Debbie cakes
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/annewhitsel/
Social Media and Graphic Design Chair -Ange Long
- Fun fact: Was supposed to be named Angie but mom spelled it wrong (without the “i”) on the birth certificate.
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/lunchbaggies/
Inter-organization Rep -Austin Tsailin
- Fun Fact: Attends Washu, which happens to have a higher acceptance rate than Walmart
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/austintsailin/
Membership Chair-Eric Kim
- Fun Fact: was once kicked out of a BBQ place for staying too long and eating too much
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/eric.kimchi/
Membership Chair-Morgan Davies
Activities Coordinator-Malcolm Neel
Professional Development Chair and Sophomore Rep-Sophie Roberts
- Fun Fact: has a brother who also attends WashU
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/sr.roberts/
Treasurer and VP Public Relations-Spencer Derthick
- Fun Fact: has never had a hot dog before.
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/spencerderthick/
VP Community Engagement-Ricardo Alvarado
- fun fact: cannot swim or drive but likes to run
- social media: https://www.instagram.com/ric.alvaradoo/
Freshmen- Kaden Chaudhary, Nate Nelson, Natalie Hall
Sophomore-Sophie Roberts, Austin Tsailin, Ange Long
Junior- Spencer Derthick
Senior- Anne Whitsel
Group Faculty Advisor- Pablo Moyano
Mission Statement: Art Council promotes artwork on and off campus, organizing events to showcase student and faculty work as well as serving as a bridge between art students and Sam Fox faculty and administrators. We support dialogue and communication between main campus and the art school, between architects and artists, and between different majors and years. Students from all school are welcome.
Co-President– Claire Hoffman
Co-President– Mia Harris, and
Treasurer– Logan Krohn.
Group Faculty Advisor-Becca Leffell Koren
Fun Fact: Our current project is designing a publication that documents how WashU student artists are adapting their work and finding ways to create in a very restricted environment; incorporating interviews with artists, examples of current projects, and behind-the-scene style photography.
Association of Illustrators and Graphic Artists (AIGA)
Mission Statement: As the Washington University in St. Louis chapter of AIGA national, we strive to foster the design community on campus by providing social, educational (skill-learning), and professional opportunities to students passionate about design and illustration. We also act as a resource for campus at large by offering workshops, design services, and student-designed goods. Our goal is to connect WashU student designers and illustrators to each other, main campus, and the larger national design community.
Co-President– Cheryl Kao
Vice President– Leslie Liu
Vice President– Ashley Zhu
PR Chair– Kennedy Morganfield
Group Faculty Advisor-Jonathan Hanahan
APX Alpha Rho Chi
The National Professional Fraternity Architecture and Allied Arts
Mission Statement: Our organization unites men and women for the purpose of fellowship and lifelong friendships and our mutual interest in professional development. This is exemplified by the fraternity’s motto: Fidelitas, Amor et Artes or “Fidelity and Love of the Arts.” The Philon chapter at Washington University in St. Louis seeks to provide a supportive community for students at the Sam Fox School, and allow opportunities to connect with alumni, faculty and professionals with similar backgrounds in design. Although our members and alumni mainly study and practice within the architecture field, we welcome students across all disciplines including, but not limited to, communication design, engineering, and business etc. We are committed to striving for excellence in our service to all of those who have a stake in Alpha Rho Chi’s success: our profession, universities, volunteers, members, and society.
Worthy Architect (President) – Ruchi Naidu
Worthy Associate Architect (Vice president) – Anna Zheng
Worthy Scribe (Secretary) – Lisa Chen
Worthy Estimator (Treasurer) – Francine Chun
Group Faculty Advisor-Jonathan Stitelman
Fun Facts: Alpha Rho Chi currently has 32 collegiate chapters and 21 alumni associations divided into eleven regions.
Alpha Rho Chi has honored seven architects with the title of Master Architect. They are: Nathan C. Ricker, Cass Gilbert, Eliel Saarinen, John Wellborn Root, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, R. Buckminster Fuller, and I. M. Pei.
Women in Architecture and Design (WIAD)
Mission Statement: WIAD focuses on advocating for diversity in the Design and Architecture fields. Our group is a great way to start discussions about things that need to change in the Design fields, and a wonderful networking opportunity that allows you to learn directly from faculty, firms and each other. Specifically, our objectives are:
- To inform young women, students, faculty, administration and the public in general of the qualifications and achievements of women architects and designers and the opportunities open to them.
- Aid Architecture and Design students in professional development at all levels through the organization of lectures, networking and mentorship within the field of architecture and design.
- Increase equality and raise awareness of bias and inclusion within the Sam Fox school.
- Act as an intermediary between Architecture and Design students and the Sam Fox administration to promote an environment of equality and respect within the Sam Fox school.
- To encourage women Architecture and Design students to attain high levels of educational and professional achievement.
Vice President-Caroline Denk
Social Media Chair-Emily Rupright
Event Chair-Leslie Liu
Event Chair-Cat Prater
Social Media Chair-Susana Cruz
Group Faculty Advisor– Alexandria Mei, Kelley Murphy