Architecture Student Council (ASC)
Mission Statement: By advocating for the academic, social, and resource needs of its constituents, the Architecture School Council aims to provide the best possible experience for all undergraduate architecture students.
Follow ASC on WUGO
- Kaden Chaudhary, President
- Emma Sock, Vice President
- Cindy Wang, Treasurer
- Daniela Morera di Nubila, Secretary
- Brandon Perez, Senior Member
- Akiva Stadlan, Senior Member
- Anna Malinak, Senior Member
- Arielle Meisel, Senior Member
- Katie Plum, Senior Member
- Stephanie Xu, Senior Member
- Orion Strayer
- Will Lay
- Nate Nelson
Mission Statement: Art Council promotes artwork on and off campus by organizing events to showcase student and faculty work while serving as a bridge between art students and Sam Fox School faculty and administrators. Art Council supports dialogue and communication between the main campus and the art school, between architects and artists, and between different majors and years. Students from all schools are welcome.
Follow Art Council on WUGO, Instagram, and Facebook
American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
Mission Statement: As the Washington University in St. Louis chapter of AIGA national, AIGA strives to foster the design community on campus by providing social, educational, and professional opportunities to students passionate about design and illustration. AIGA also acts as a resource for the campus at large by offering workshops, design services, and student-designed goods. AIGA’s goal is to connect WashU student designers and illustrators to each other, the main campus, and the larger national design community.
Follow AIGA on WUGO, Instagram, and Facebook
APX Alpha Rho Chi
Mission Statement: Alpha Rho Chi is the national fraternity for architecture and the allied arts. APX unites men and women for the purpose of fellowship and lifelong friendships and mutual interest in professional development. This is exemplified by the fraternity’s motto: Fidelitas, Amor et Artes, or “Fidelity and Love of the Arts.” The Philon chapter at Washington University in St. Louis seeks to provide a supportive community for students at the Sam Fox School and allow opportunities to connect with alumni, faculty, and professionals with similar backgrounds in design. Although APX members and alumni mainly study and practice within the architecture field, students across all disciplines are welcome. APX is committed to striving for excellence in service to all of those who have a stake in Alpha Rho Chi’s success: our profession, universities, volunteers, members, and society.
Follow APX on WUGO, Instagram, and APX-WashU
Sam Fox School Black Students Network (SFSBSN)
Mission Statement: SFS Black Student Network at Washington University in St. Louis is a student-led organization dedicated to uplifting and supporting the creative voices and experiences of Black students on campus and beyond with social and professional community, as well as providing resources to support students. SFSBSN facilitates a space to further explore the experience of being a designer and/or artist on campus and in our global community.
Fun Fact: Sam Fox School Black Students Network launched during the COVID-19 pandemic and has been supporting students entirely virtually since Fall 2020.
Women in Architecture and Design (WIAD)
Mission Statement: WIAD is an educational advocacy organization dedicated to making known the need for women architects by encouraging gender equality in architecture and design fields, especially within the Sam Fox School. WIAD’s objectives are:
- To inform young women, students, faculty and administration, and the public in general of the qualifications and achievements of women architects and the opportunities open to them.
- Aid female architecture students in professional development at all levels through lectures, networking, and mentorship within the field of architecture and design.
- Increase equality of representation of female architects within the Sam Fox history and architectural theory curriculum.
- Act as an intermediary between architecture students and the Sam Fox administration to promote an environment of equality and respect within the Sam Fox School.
- To encourage women architecture students to attain high levels of educational and professional achievement.
Follow WIAD on WUGO and Instagram