Be in touch with the program coordinator for your study abroad program for all the details about preparing for your program.

Passports & Visas

Students obtain their own passports. Students who already have passports should make sure they will be valid at least six months after their last day abroad. International students should make sure all necessary paperwork is in order. Students should seek direction from their host university regarding visa and passport requirements.

Health Insurance

It’s highly recommended that students get international health insurance. It is available and required for all undergraduate students participating in a WUSTL study abroad program. If not offered by your host university, students can get international health insurance with GeoBlue through WU.


Registration in the MyTrips Travel Registry is required for all students, faculty, & staff traveling abroad on university business. Creating an account and registering your trip will take about 10 minutes.

International SOS Emergency Assistance

For large-scale and group emergencies, get 24-hour assistance or travel warnings, visit ISOS.

General Resources

WUSTL Global


US Dept of State