This guide is to help you access the digital tools that you will be using in ADP or Portfolio Plus. Please have all of the software and platforms set up, tested, and accessible to you by June 15, 2020.
Your WUSTL Key is your Login ID and password for use of University systems. You will use it daily to access all of the technology services below. Once you are registered as a student, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org prompting you to create your WUSTL Key. Be sure to follow the directions in that email. If you did not receive it, check your spam folder.
For further help with your WUSTL Key, visit: https://it.wustl.edu/home/how-to/wustl-connect/
Your WUSTL email should be used throughout the program to communicate with faculty, program assistants, and other students. Visit https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=wustl.edu to access your WUSTL email.
For help with your email, contact WU IT Support: 314-933-3333
WUSTL Box is a cloud file storage and collaboration too. It allows you to easily share files and collaborate across campus, across the country, and around the world with a few simple clicks. https://it.wustl.edu/home/how-to/box/
To login directly: https://wustl.account.box.com/login
Here are some helpful FAQ’s: https://it.wustl.edu/home/how-to/box/faqs/
Here are some tutorials: https://it.wustl.edu/home/how-to/box/tutorials/
Tips for Taking Online Courses (includes Canvas and Zoom resources)
Canvas is used by faculty, students and staff to create and engage with course content, assignments, quizzes and grades. This is where course content like assignments, the syllabus, discussion boards, and more can be created and shared.
Login to Canvas and explore the intuitive system at https://wustl.instructure.com/
Just like in a face-to-face class, there are some strategies to being successful in an online classroom. Below are some tips for setting yourself up for success with online learning:
- Familiarize yourself fully with Canvas by reviewing the MyCanvas Student Support (Links to an external site.) page
- Turn on your Canvas Notifications (Links to an external site.), and check your email several times a day
- Block your calendar for class times as you would for face-to-face instruction; this will help you dedicate the time needed for individual courses
- Be aware of differences in time zones and reflect that on your calendar
- Different instructors might use different technologies; take the time to familiarize yourself with the technologies to fully participate and engage in the learning process
- Create dedicated study times and study spaces
- Create a framework for time management to help you stay on task and balance school with other responsibilities
Frequently asked Canvas questions:
- How do I view all of my Canvas Courses?
- How do I navigate a Canvas course?
- How do I get help with Canvas as a student?
- How do I submit an online assignment?
- How do I view Announcements?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
Other great resources:
- Tips for Using Zoom for Class (Links to an external site.)
- Tips for Taking Online Exams (Links to an external site.)
Zoom will be how all of your classes are conducted. Make sure Zoom works on your device. You can access the meetings through your web browser or by downloading the Zoom application to your computer and/or phone.
Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
As a registered Sam Fox School student, you will have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software programs for the duration of the program. A full FAQ page about your access to Adobe Cloud is here: https://insidesamfox.wustl.edu/items/adobe/
You will receive an email from email@example.com at your WUSTL email address that will prompt you to “Get Started”. Follow the instructions in that email to access and install at least Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
LinkedIn Learning is an online learning company that is FREE for all Sam Fox School students, faculty, and staff. It helps anyone learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
We encourage you to explore some of the new Adobe software that you have by following some of the basic online tutorials accessible through Linked-In Learning.
Students have the ability to view their bill online through WebSTAC (Students). Login using your WUSTLKey.
Final payment for the full cost of the program is due no later than July 11, 2020. Your program deposit will be posted to your account, and will go toward the cost of the program. If you received scholarship, it will also be posted to your student account. You can access your billing information 24/7 through WebSTAC. Students and parents will be notified when billing is posted. If you have billing questions, please contact Rachel Youn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a WashU student, you also have access to the WashU Libraries. You can access our collection here: https://library.wustl.edu/ and view the Kranzberg Art & Architecture Library here: https://library.wustl.edu/units/artarch/