Library Funding and Research Guide
This library guide provides information on finding grants, funding, professional development and other opportunities in architecture, art and design.
Office of Undergaduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research supports the larger mission of Washington University in St. Louis to advance and protect the process of inquiry by facilitating and promoting faculty-mentored undergraduate research experiences in all schools and all disciplines.
Directory Foundation for Individuals
Sam Fox School Travel Grants
The Sam Fox School offers competitive travel grants for graduate students in architecture, art, landscape architecture, and urban design. These grants primarily support travel to regional, national, and international conferences and symposia and travel for research and creative activity when accompanied by a strong rationale and thesis statement. All full-time Sam Fox School graduate students in good standing are eligible to apply. Grants application are typically due in the Fall and Spring.
This “Funding Toolkit” covers a broad selection of information when considering pursuing funding. It includes:https://insidesamfox.wustl.edu/research_toolkit/
- Overview of the SFS Research Office
- Ten Golden Rules for Writing and Winning Proposals
- Grant/Proposal Writing Structure
- Funding Resources for Individual Artist
- Foundation Center: Statement of Purpose Worksheet
- Foundation Center: Your Funding Profile
- Foundation Center: Prospect Worksheet
- Foundation Center: Resources List
- Foundation Center: Grantseeking Basics for Individuals
- Writing a Successful Grant Proposal by Barbara Davis